Part-time Assistant Accountant
We’re looking for a part-time assistant accountant to join our team.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a part-time Assistant Accountant to join our team to maintain our financial records. This is a part-time, flexible role required for two days per week.
You’ll need to be confident and experienced in all general accounting duties and principles. You’ll be the go-to accounts person in the company for all financial queries and must be happy to role up your sleeves and get stuck in!
You’ll need experience in all aspects of accounting duties from sales invoicing through to trial balance and management reporting. Ensure compliance with statutory reporting requirements for external bodies for VAT, EC sales listings, P11d’s etc. You’ll also need to work closely with our team across the business to create and analyse financial reports and make recommendations for improvements.
We’re looking for someone who can step straight into the role and preferably be familiar with Xero.
What type of things will you be doing?
- Record day-to-day financial transactions and complete the posting process for sales and purchases
- Ledger processing and management. Balance sheet reconciliations including debtors and collections process, purchase ledgers, payments, credit cards and bank reconciliations
- Invoicing including monthly and annual recurring services
- Prepare accounts to trial balance, prepayments & Accruals and monthly reporting
- Preparation of timely VAT return & EC sales listings & prepare p11d’s
- Assisting with budgeting and year end process
- Preparing business reporting in a timely fashion to including Job & WIP, cashflow, debtors and other report as required
- Prepare salary information for external bureau and administer pension and healthcare plans.
To join our team, you’ll need to be
- Experienced in a similar broad accounting role
- Have a solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Be able to meet deadlines and take responsibility for your own workload
- Have data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Microsoft Office knowledge, particularly in Excel
- Be great with customers and able to negotiate
- Have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday (pro rata) per year plus Bank Holidays on top
- Extra days holiday for your birthday if it falls on a workday
- Regular team social events
- Breakfast goodies to get your day started
- Pension contribution.
What we’d like to see from you.
Drop us an email with a copy of your CV and why you feel you’d be a good fit for this role and our team. Please email our Financial Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
A few things worth noting.
The Hideout is located in a little village called Ulcombe. It’s just behind Leeds Castle in Maidstone, so you’re going to need transport to get here unless you like a long walk or bike ride. No agencies please, we like to do our own thing!